Position: Development Manager
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of External Relations
The Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the programs for individual, church and business giving to the Northeast Iowa Food Bank. These programs include, but are not limited to, marketing, special events, grant writing, sponsorships, and major donor campaigns.
1. Develop a comprehensive major donor program focused on acquisition, retention, increased gift revenue and planned giving.
2. Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy
3. Collaborate with the Director of External Relations to develop and implement an integrated marketing approach for the Food Bank.
4. Assist with developing major donor relationships.
5. Assist with developing and strengthening the Direct Mail Program.
6. Develop a specific plan , strategies, tactics and individual responsibilities for Food Bank events.
7. Represent the Food Bank in the community as a public speaker and attendee at appropriate functions and by joining appropriate group(s).
8. Develop a plan to increase outreach and provide tours of the Northeast Iowa Food Bank facility.
9. Utilize the Food Bank’s donor software to the fullest extent to generate reports, identify opportunities and enhance management of donors.
10. Work with the Director of External Relations to research and prepare grants related to general Food Bank operations, programs and capital funding.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Minimum two years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or five years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a non-related field.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of social media and marketing resources
• Knowledge of standard computer software including Microsoft Office programs
• Knowledge of the community
• Knowledge of fiscal management
• Ability to gather, interpret and analyze information and develop, recommend and implement solutions
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
• Ability to work independently and with colleagues to achieve objectives
• Ability to work with diverse populations
• Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings as necessary
• Ability to travel as required
• Must have a valid Iowa driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Willingness and ability to learn sanitary food storage and handling guidelines and practices
• Commitment to social justice and the mission of the Northeast Iowa Food Bank