The Northeast Iowa Food Bank employs a dedicated and diverse group of individuals working to help fight hunger in a sixteen-county service area. Careers at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank are both challenging and rewarding. If you want to make a real difference in the lives of those in need, we want to hear from you.
Should you wish to submit your information for consideration, please email your resume, cover letter and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 319-235-1027 or mail your resume to:
Northeast Iowa Food Bank
Attention: Human Resources
PO Box 2397
Waterloo, IA 50704
Applications can also be filled out in person at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank.
Position: Driver/Warehouse Worker
Status: Part Time
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
The Pickup and Delivery Driver’s primary duties include driving Food Bank vehicles for the purposes of picking up donations and delivering products to agencies and programs. Additional duties will include, but not be limited to, warehouse functions.
· Make deliveries to local agencies and partners, ensuring food safety standards are met and providing outstanding customer service. Accurately record mileage data.
· Deliver and unload product at mobile pantry sites. Maintain professional relationships with volunteers and coordinators. Communicate challenges and opportunities to the Community Programs Coordinator.
· Perform retail pick-up route with refrigerated truck, collecting donations from partner retailers for the Food Bank. Maintain food safety standards, accurately track donation sources and maintain professional relationships with donors. Communicate challenges and opportunities to the Food Solicitor.
· Maintain fuel levels and basic cleanliness of all vehicles. Report all mechanical issues to the Warehouse Manager immediately.
· Perform other pick-up and delivery routes as assigned.
· Assist with warehouse operations including accurate and efficient order picking, accurate inventory counts, routine cleaning and maintenance of the facility and grounds.
· Assist with inventory maintenance and quality control of all products.
· Flex schedule as necessary to accommodate staffing fluctuations and organizational need to meet mission objectives.
· Work with volunteers to ensure work objectives are achieved and volunteers have positive experiences.
· Follow lock-up procedures ensuring building is secure.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
· Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs
· Ability to work in extreme environments of a warehouse with freezer and refrigeration units
· Ability to work independently and with staff to achieve objectives
· Ability to work with diverse populations including individuals of various educational, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
· Ability to work nights and weekends as required
· Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, communication and customer service skills
· Valid Iowa Driver’s License and must obtain CDL Class B license
· Willingness and ability to learn sanitary food storage and handling guidelines and practices
· Commitment to social justice and the mission of the Northeast Iowa Food Bank
Qualifications (Minimum): High school diploma or equivalent. Must have or be able to obtain valid class B CDL with airbrakes endorsement and clean driving record. Minimum two years of employment with responsibility level similar to Food Bank position.
The Northeast Iowa Food Bank hereby affirms it is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin
or age and provides Equal Employment Opportunity to handicapped individuals, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.