The Northeast Iowa Food Bank employs a dedicated and diverse group of individuals working to help fight hunger in a sixteen-county service area. Careers at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank are both challenging and rewarding. If you want to make a real difference in the lives of those in need, we want to hear from you.
Should you wish to submit your information for consideration, please email your resume, cover letter and three professional references to: email@example.com, fax to 319-235-1027 or mail your resume to:
Northeast Iowa Food Bank
Attention: Human Resources
PO Box 2397
Waterloo, IA 50704
Applications can also be filled out in person at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank.
Position: Agency Shopping Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Programs
Job Overview: This position is responsible for the operations and supervision of Agency Shopping.
1. Assumes primary responsibility for the agency shopping supervision, delegating tasks to volunteers and co-workers, and providing excellent customer service to agencies, co-workers, volunteers, and donors.
2. Responsible for overseeing the receiving, storage, and distribution of food in Agency Shopping, in accordance with the Northeast Iowa Food Bank, Health Department and Feeding America policies and procedures.
3. Oversees order and cleanliness of agency shopping while keeping shelves and coolers stocked and rotated.
4. Responsible for marketing product to agencies and programs, with emphasis on perishable and slow moving items.
5. Make sure agency orders are pulled in an accurate and efficient manner.
6. Assists with record keeping, including invoicing, of food received and distributed through Agency Shopping.
7. Assists in training and best utilization of volunteers working in Agency Shopping.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. Ability to perform basic mathematical skills
2. Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
3. Willingness and ability to learn sanitary food storage and handling guidelines and practices
4. Organizational skills with strong attention to detail
5. Computer skills helpful
6. Ability to work with a diverse population
7. Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
8. Commitment to social justice
High School diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of Food Safety and Handling preferred. Computer experience preferred but not required.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume and three references by April 30th, 2014 to apply.
Other Job Openings:
• You may also view other food bank related job openings through the Feeding America website.