Host A Food Drive
Hosting a food drive is both fun and easy.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions and other tools to get started!
Holiday Food Drives
During the holidays there are many organizations that host food drives for the Northeast Iowa Food Bank. In an effort to be more efficient with our resources and be able to better serve all of our holiday efforts, the Food Bank is asking for your help this season. If your club or organization is planning a food drive, please contact Sheri Huber-Otting at 319-235-0507 or firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Organization name
- Contact person
- Phone or email
- Start and end dates for your drive
- When you will pick up a barrel if needed
- When you will deliver the food
- If you have any press releases, flyers or other communications, please also submit those and any other information you think we need to know. We can use these communications to help you promote your drive!
Please note that we are asking organizations who are doing a drive to please pick up collection barrels from the Food Bank and to drop the food off after your drive is finished in order to save on our resources like truck fuel and volunteer time.
300+ Food Drive Club
If your group collects 300 pounds or more (that is typically 3 barrels full) the Food Bank will arrange to pick it up. Those who do collect over 300 pounds will be part of the 300+ Food Drive Club and will be recognized for their accomplishment in our next newsletter.
Upcoming Food Drives
Waterloo & Cedar Falls Fire Department Food Drive: Through December 20th, 2013
- Waterloo and Cedar Falls Fire Fighters will be collecting food donations at all Waterloo and Cedar Falls fire stations.
Rydell Chevrolet Food Drive: Through December 24th, 2013
- Rydell Chevrolet is holding a food drive this month to drive out hunger! Help support the Northeast Iowa Food Bank by filling the Silverado in Rydell's showroom with canned goods and nonperishable items! Thanks so much for your support! Rydell Chevrolet is located across from Crossroads Shopping Center in Waterloo.
Gubbels One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning Annual Food Drive: Through December 31st, 2013
- During the month of December, Gubbels will be working to bring some holiday cheer to the people of our community by collecting donations for the Northeast Iowa Food Bank. On your next service call, simply give your technician a donation of nonperishable food items and receive a $20 discount from you bill! Call 287-9200 for details and to schedule your service.
Click Here to view our Wish List
For More Information
Contact Sheri Huber-Otting, Food Solicitor at (319) 235-0507 ext. 126 or by email at