How To Become An Agency
The typical procedure for establishing an agency as a member of Northeast Iowa Food Bank involves several steps including: screening the agency for eligibility, on-site visit at the distribution site of the applicant, procuring the appropriate signatures on all required documents, orienting the agency representatives to the Food Bank system and ensuring all guidelines are met before membership is approved.
Upon request all potential agencies will be mailed a new member packet. The packet includes a NEIFB member agency manual and application form, which includes the Letter of Agreement.
The following is a list of all material that must be received before a new agency can be approved:
• Application and Letter of Agreement (All information must be completed for application to be reviewed)
• Federal non-profit status letter, 501©3 or for church based program the Fourteen Point Criteria for Churches Form can be completed
• Initial membership fee: $25. Annual membership fees are assessed according to the number of programs an agency has: (1 site = $35, 2 sites = $75, 3-6 sites = $110, 7+ programs = $160 and the mailing fee is $20)
• A copy of license for service or Health Department Certification (Congregate Meal programs only)
• 2 letters of reference from person (s) in the community that are familiar with your program but are not actively involved
• A list of your Board of Directors
All qualified agencies must comply with an on-site monitoring visit before being accepted into the Food Bank Member Agency program. This is done after the Agency Program Coordinator has received all required paperwork. After the initial visit, the agency will be monitored every 1½ to 2 years. An appointment will be made with you prior to the visit but we do reserve the right to make a surprise inspection. All qualified agencies must attend an Agency Orientation within 2 months of acceptance at the Food Bank.
To receive information on becoming a Member Agency contact Ben Carlson: firstname.lastname@example.org.