FOOD & FUND DRIVE
Your donations of surplus food to the Northeast Iowa Food Bank are critical to our mission. We are grateful for a generous community who supports us by donating food and funds. Check out below to find out how you can host a food and fund drive and be a part of our mission!
We are happy to coordinate with organizations, businesses, and groups in Black Hawk county to host food drives. Anyone outside of Black Hawk county who wishes to put on a food drive can call us at 319-235-0507 ext. 126. We will connect you with a nearby agency.
step 1: THE PLAN
Decide on a start date, end date, contact person, and item needs list.
step 2: THE FORM
To begin a food/fund drive, fill out the form here.
step 3: THE PUSH
Check out our downloadable marketing flyer here to get the word out about your event.
step 4: THE FUN
Use the toolkit here for ideas to make your food and fund drive fun for everyone.
step 5: THE END
If ending a food/fund drive, fill out the form here.
step 6: THE IMPACT
Your drive puts food on the table for those suffering from hunger in Northeast Iowa.
GOOD SAMARITAN LAW
Under the 1996 Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act, a federal statute, anyone who donates food in good faith to a food bank or gleaning organization is protected from all liability associated with that product.
NEIFB and our partner agencies follow strict food handling and safety procedures to ensure that the people we serve receive the highest-quality food possible.
MOST NEEDED ITEMS:
- Foods high in protein such as canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon) & peanut butter
- Foods high in nutrients, such as canned fruits & vegetables
- Rice, cereal & pasta
- Canned soups, chilies, and stews
- Personal care Items such as toilet paper, bar soap, toothpaste/toothbrush
ITEMS WE CANNOT TAKE:
- Rusty or unlabeled cans
- Perishable items (applies only to food drive donations)
- Homemade or home canned items
- Noncommercial canned or packaged items
- Alcoholic beverages, mixes, or soda
- Opened or used items
- PLEASE NOTE: If you donate glass products, please box or bag them separately and label the box or bag “GLASS” on all sides