PERSONAL CARE DRIVE
An estimated 43,430 northeast Iowans struggle with food insecurity. Many of these same individuals also struggle to provide personal care items for their families, and government food assistance programs such as SNAP do not provide assistance for purchasing personal care items. No access to personal care items leads to poor hygiene, health issues among both adults and children, and damage to a family’s well-being.
Providing funds for us to purchase these personal care items or providing the actual items goes a long way for these individuals. Thanks to supporters like you, we get this gift into the hands of those who need it most, resulting in happy and healthy families.
step 1: THE PLAN
Decide on a start date, end date, and whether you want a physical personal care drive, virtual personal care drive, or both. Note that our personal care drive push normally begins on July 1 and ends on August 8.
step 2: THE FORM
To begin a personal care drive, fill out the form here.
step 3: THE PUSH
If hosting a physical drive, check out our printable personal care drive flyer. If hosting a virtual drive head here to get started or click on the button below. There you can donate, create a team, or join a team! You can also use this downloadable virtual drive graphic to share on social media.
MOST NEEDED ITEMS:
- Toilet paper
- Menstrual products
- Baby wipes
PERSONAL CARE DRIVE SITES:
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 4000 Hudson Road, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
- Cedar Heights Presbyterian Church, 2015 Rainbow Dr., Cedar Falls, IA 50613
- Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1555 W. Ridgeway Ave., Waterloo, IA 50701
- First United Methodist Church, 718 Clay St., Cedar Falls, IA 50613
- Quasqueton Union Church Sunday School, 2981 300th St., Winthrop, IA 50682
- St. John’s Catholic Church, 209 5th Ave. NE, Independence, IA 50644
- St. Paul’s UMC, 207 W. Louise St., Waterloo, IA 50703
- Trinity American Lutheran, 605 W 4th St., Waterloo, IA 50702
- Waterloo First United Methodist Church, 614 Randolph St., Waterloo, IA 50702
- Zion Lutheran Church, 810 Kimball Avenue, Waterloo, IA 50702
- Cedar Valley Rotary, 407 Main St., Cedar Falls, IA 50613
- KJ & Kompany, 912 W Viking Rd, Suite 105, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
- Mercy One Bluebell Family Medicine, 226 Bluebell Road, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
- Mercy One Hospital, 3421 W 9th St., Waterloo, IA 50702
- Vanderloo Chiropractic, 3731 Kimball Avenue, Waterloo, IA 50702
- Tri County Child and Family Inc. Head Start, 205 Adams Street Suite 2, Waterloo, IA 50703
- Northeast Iowa Food Bank, 1605 Lafayette St., Waterloo, IA 50703