We will begin requiring all patrons of the Cedar Valley Food Pantry to register with our new Pantry check-in software. As we gradually roll this out, we are asking anyone who can, to pre-register ahead of time to help save us time while we transition indoors, and phase-out our curbside assistance.
- From Oct19th - Nov. 20th, curbside assistance will only be avaliable on Mon–Thurs, from 8AM-11AM. After Nov 20th, it will no longer be offered.
- During this time, patrons seeking curbside assistance must be pre-registered, through our online sign-up form, to use the service.
- From Oct19th–Nov20th, our ‘Fill-Your-Cart’ hours will again be avaliable indoors, on Mon- Thurs, from 12PM–4PM.
- Our team will gradually begin introducing our new registration process to clients as they check-in with us, but we strongly encourage those who have internet access, to pre-register online.
- Doing so will save time for both staff & patrons of the Cedar Valley Food Pantry, making lines shorter and getting groceries faster.
From Oct 19th-Nov20th our curbside distribution hours will be Mon-Thurs from 8AM-11AM. You must be pre-registered online to use our curbside service.
From Oct 19th–Nov20th Panty patrons can visit indoors Mon-Thurs between 12PM–4PM. Post-Thanksgiving hours will be 8AM-4PM, Mon–Thurs starting on Nov 30th. Pre-register online if you can!
Every Friday, from 8AM-11AM this weekly grocery distribution will continue curbside. Upon the arrival of inclement weather, this will move indoors.
Drive Thru Hours
Drive up. check in. leave happy.
The first intake visit with the new database process will be the only time you have to answer all the questions. After that, we will simply review your status to make sure there are no changes.
- No, we will stop accepting clients promptly after 11:00 and 4:00
- Clients that get in line after 11:00 may stay and wait for re-opening at 12:00 or come back in the afternoon for client choice.
This software provides a safe, secure, streamlined collection and management of service data, helping food banks and agencies better administer their services and resources while reducing administrative costs.
We will ask for the same type of information as in the past, such as name, address, date of birth, income sources and the names and dates of birth of household members. We will not be asking for Social Security numbers.
- Drive-up for pre-registered clients 8:00AM-11:00AM, M-Th.
- Closed 11-12; drive-up promptly closes at 11:00, only those in line by 11:00 will be served. Late arrivals may wait until noon to shop or return at a later time.
- Client Choice (shopping inside the pantry) 12-4
- Produce pantry only
- Drive- up
- ID will be requested
- Face covering are required
- Masks required for entry
- Only one member of the household may shop. Exceptions include young children and vulnerable individuals that may need assistance.
- Social distancing is required
- Hand sanitizer is available in the lobby, in-take area and pantry
- Standing room only, chairs have been removed from lobby to reduce transfer of pathogens
- No loitering in the lobby. Lobby is for pre-registration only.
Absolutely. This system uses a secure system similar to online banking. We are also very dedicated as staff and volunteers to keep your information confidential.
Depending on how many people in your household, it may take approximately 10 minutes, but it could be less. If you are able to pre-register, we strongly suggest you do so to help reduce the amount of intake time.
- Go to the “clients pre-register here” tab
- Register in the lobby, available 8:00-11:00 M-Th.
- We will only allow 5 people in the lobby area and 5 people in the pantry at one time. Clients will be required to take a number and wait outside or in their cars until their number is called
- Only one member of the household is allowed in the waiting area and pantry. Exceptions include young children and vulnerable individuals that may need assistance.
- Clients will be limited to 10 minutes to shop for their groceries.
- Clients will be expected to respect other clients, staff and volunteers at all times.
You do NOT have to register online unless you want to use the Curbside grocery pickup. The online pre-registration is to help save time for clients when we come back into the building starting October 19.
- New clients may come anytime during open hours. Pre-registration is required for drive-through. Link to pre-register is available online or in the lobby 8:00-11:00AM M-Th
- Current clients must come in their assigned half of the month
- All current clients may visit the produce and perishable drive-through each week.